EFFECTIVE DATE: OCTOBER 24, 2019
By visiting the Site, using or downloading the App, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. To create an account, you must provide your name, business contact information, and your company’s name, address, and country.
If you would like to list your company’s IP address assets in the Addrex Marketplace, we will collect your name, business email address and phone number, your company name, and information about the IP address assets available for listing on the Addrex Marketplace.
When your company makes an offer on an IP address block available on the Addrex Marketplace, we collect your name, job title, and your company’s name, address, and country. If you make a purchase, we will also collect your business phone number and email address, your company’s state or country of incorporation, the number block registry organization ID and admin ID, your company’s payment information, and information about any corporate officers who will sign the purchase agreement.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site and App through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Web pages you view on the Site, links you click on the Site, and your IP address.
- The length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services.
- The referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
- Mobile device ID, device name and model, operating system type name, and version.
- Language information.
- Activities within the App.
- The length of time that you are logged into our App.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To send you email marketing about our products and services.
- To send you news and newsletters.
- To send you email marketing about products and services of our affiliated entities.
- To send you email marketing about products and services of other entities that we think may be of interest to you.
- To assist us in advertising on third party websites, mobile apps, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site and App are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information to improve the Services.
- For research and analytics purposes.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or Addrex Marketplace user satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, including screening users to comply with sanction and anti-corruption laws, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including your personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include our web hosting, analytics providers, and escrow services.
- Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- IP Address Block Sales. If you purchase or sell an IP address block on the Addrex Marketplace, we will share your name, contact information, and company information with the transaction counterparty.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Services, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and mobile app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of visitors and users of our Services, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Services usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or App for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Emails?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at [email protected].
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and App.
505 Huntmar Park Drive, Suite 220, Herndon, Virginia 20170, United States
USA: +1 (703) 436-8050 • UK: +44 (20) 7096-0412 • France: +33 (1) 7277-4339